On the occasion of the 250th anniversary of nature enthusiast, humanist, visionary
and composer genius Ludwig van Beethoven in year 2020, an international network
of musicians and electronic music producers under the management and idea of
cultural manager Darius Darek (Taxi MunDJal MusiX), produced an extraordinary
music compilation (release January 2020): twenty melodies from Beethoven's work
were recorded by international ethnic instrumentalists (under direction of Hans
Zimmer's sample library developer) and then remixed worldwide by high-level
electronic music production means.
As Darius Darek`s academic background is geography, he has implemented
sustainable, degrowth and minimalism based, fair, green, common-good-oriented
and alternative ways of life into this music project. A transdisciplinary designed
artivism towards a socio-ecological transformation:
- to promote "cultural diversity" the project is a collaboration with fifteen Cologne-
Bonn-based musicians of diverse music cultures to record a sample databank of
twenty known and unknown Beethoven pieces.
- to promote "cultural heritage"the project aims to upcycle & remix almost forgotten
music by worldwide electronic music producers which will be presented carbon
neutral around the globe.
- to promote "creative commons“ the samples and remixes can be used and listened
to for free (CC BY-NC-SA).
- to promote "socio-ecological projects" the remixes are presented at green,
transformational and zero waste festivals, in cultural spaces, at intergenerational
bicycle rides or in "freeboxes".
- to promote "citizen participation" a random local youth involvement and a
worldwide production contest (in cooperation with Arts Council England) were
-the project thus supports some of the sustainable development goals (SDGs):
reduced inequalities, sustainable cities and communities, quality eduction, gender
equality and climate action.
WORLD BEATHOVEN PROJECT